Finding the Name Role, Value using the Inspect Tool
- Options Menu:
- Unset Watch Cursor (performance and allows to test tab order because only keyboard focus works afterwords)
- Show Highlight Rectangle (helps find missing focus rectangle by clearly showing focus separately)
- Show information tooltip. This is useful for single screens as it shows the required information in a tooltip on top of your webpage.
- Settings Menu:
- In the list of "Diplay in main windows" select Name, Value, Role and State only.
- Required if using Information Tooltip: select Name, Value, Role and State only.
- Tab through a web page or embedded object,
- Check if there is a name property
- If there is a name property, check if it matches the appropriate label.
If 2 and 3 are true this is a pass, all else fails.